14 March 2017
Last week, I was lucky enough to be invited along to an evening with Divino Enoteca's team. Tucked away on Merchant Street, below the George IV bridge and underneath their sister restaurant Vittoria's, it's a hidden gem down an unassuming side street. On heading down the stairs, you're struck by the cosy atmosphere and intimate feel, with seemingly endless wine bottles lining the shelves and a rustic table in the middle of the restaurant laden with cheese, bread and olives. It really blew us away on first glance, and set the scene for the rest of the evening...
7 March 2017
If you're anything like me, you love the feeling of picking up some shiny new stationery, particularly at the beginning of a new year or during that nostalgic 'back to school' time. There's just nothing like perfecting your neatest handwriting on a fresh new page, or cracking the spine of a fresh new notebook. So, since the end of last year, I've been picking up a few new bits and bobs I thought I'd share with you guys. I've mostly been inspired by the overwhelming feeling of a mass of paperwork I needed to sort out, pronto!
Psst, keep reading on to find out how you could become the next design superstar with Not On The High Street...
26 February 2017
|Photo by Louise / The Little Things|
I'm sitting here on a quiet Sunday, cup of tea in hand, The Minimalists' podcast playing and half-flicking through a copy of Glamour magazine I'd been meaning to read for a while. I don't normally get the urge to blog these days, but I'm feeling a little blah and the best thing I could think to do is to write a list of things that have been making me happy lately. And why not on my little old blog? So here we go...
- The Minimalists. I may as well start with the aforementioned podcast... I watched their documentary on Netflix recently and it really made me feel fantastic and clear-headed afterwards. Go watch it if you're needing to declutter and simplify your life. Their podcasts are a great follow-up if you need more of a fix.
- Endless cups of tea. Ever since I met Lauren, I swear I have drank about 1862 more cups of tea every week. As much of a coffee fiend I am, there's nothing like the feeling of sipping on a cup of tea to calm you down on a stressful day.
- Pinterest. I was a huge Pinterest fan for years but got out of the habit at the latter part of 2016. However, I'm back on it and I feel fantastic. It feels so good to curate vision boards and put you in the right frame of mind to get shit done. Come follow me if you haven't already, too!
- Cooking new meals. One of my worst habits is eating out and spending most of my pennies on food. Now, me and Gillian have been meal planning again a lot more and I actually feel excited to come up with creative ideas and have fun dinners to look forward to at the end of the working day. Top picks of late: Thai stir fries, chilli and lime chicken with coconut rice and Ikea-style meatballs.
- Graeme. Last year, I met this guy who brightens my life quite a bit. He motivates me to pursue my dreams every day - and brings me flowers cause he's a bit cute. I certainly had to give him a cheeky mention on this list...
- Weekends with the girls. Louise, Lauren and Gillian are the best group of pals I could ask for. It's amazing when people can go from being "fellow bloggers" to just, simply, real life friends. I love them muchly! From Galentine's afternoons in to Eurovision nights, there's always something fun lined up.
- Thailand. Fingers crossed, this year I'm meant to be travelling to Thailand with Graeme. Cue Pinterest scrolling and constantly looking up Trip Advisor. Bonus: Graeme appears to be my personal travel agent with endless advice and ideas. Can't wait to tick off one of my bucket list items!
- Valentine's. This was the first year for a loooong time I've actually been a happy camper on Valentine's Day. Any excuse for heart-print everything and dressing up with my boyfriend to go out for dinner gets my vote.
- Working hard and keeping an eye on the end goal. As I said at the start of this post, I'm struggling at the moment. But, as tough as things are right now, I know that it's all for the best and that this time will be a mere blip in my life overall.
- Say Yes to the Dress. Jesus, I'm not even getting married in the next 1275 years but Lauren's wedding planning has had the unexpected effect of getting all of us pals addicted to this wedding dress show. Guilty pleasure! Mostly for the bitchy aunties and bridezillas.
12 January 2017
If there's something I love doing most, it's treating myself to a pamper night. But, what does the perfect pamper night consist of? It's different for everyone but below are some of the things I love best when I'm in need of a bit of relaxation and alone time...
17 December 2016
The festive season is here! I'm a bit of a sucker for Christmas - it's my favourite time of the year, and this year is no different. So far, I've visited Edinburgh's Christmas Market (and bumped into Zoella for a cheeky selfie...); had sparkly red and then gold glittery Shellac manicures; indulged in as many hot chocolates as humanly possible; munched away on warm mince pies; exchanged gifts during me, Lauren, Louise and Gillian's Secret Santa; cooked a Christmas dinner fit for a king with Gillian; watched Home Alone; put on my festive Primark flannel duvet set, and that's all before Christmas Day itself...! I've already given my loved ones little wishlists for gift ideas for me, but I thought I'd pop up a wishlist on my blog, as everyone likes to see pretty things, right...?
Read on to see what I'm coveting this Christmas... Hint: anything to make me feel cosy!