1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Drank legally! Went on a pub crawl (illegally)! Went to Reading Festival! Moved somewhere civilised..! Did a lot of things independently that I didn't have the bottle to do before :) It was a year of change, growing and adjustment, and I'm massively grateful for it.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep :) It was just a variation on the year before's. I constantly referred to it throughout the year, so it made me do a lotta things I wouldn't have done if I hadn't made that pact with myself. 2009's definitely set me up for 2010's newly-crowned "Year of Adventure"; a brand new decade aswell as a new year!
Next year my resolution is gonna be centred around ACTIONS. Create my own magic (!) and fulfill those lingering dreams. Don't be afraid of the obstacles that block the path of where you want to get to!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in Great Britannia this year!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Adventures, spontaneoity, magiiiic.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't remember the specific date, ha, but I'll always remember a day in October. It was the closure of a chapter, and the beginning of a fresh new one. Big weight off my chest!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Haha, the main ones I'm proud of are personal
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, January time. It taught me a lot though :)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness, of course. Not serious though thank God. No injuries!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptopppp :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Surprisingly, my dad.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Oh lordy, clothes, magazines. The magazine habit has been knocked down a fair bit though. Realised I was just buying them for the sake of it by the end.
15.What made you really really really excited?
Moving house. Reading Festy, kind of. Friend coming home. My birthday.
16.What song will forever remind you of 2009?
Um, any of Florence & the Machine and Radiohead. They were the soundtrack to my year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? hhaha poorer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spontaneity and using my imagination.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the familee at home. Looking forward to a proper christmas for the first time in a while!
21. How will you be spending New Year's?
With my best friend and various drunken people I probably don't like!
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
With myself. Cheesy but yeah. I respect myself so much more now.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What were your favourite TV programs?
Gossip Girl, True Blood, Ugly Betty, QI, etcetc.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. The best quote I heard earlier this year; "Hate is too close to love and I don't have enough time for that!
26. What was the best book you read?
The Gift - Cecelia Ahern
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence & the Machine
28. What did you want and get?
Can't think of anything specific, lots probably.
29. What did you want and not get?
To see someone
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
'Up'. Umm, what else was there?! Probably something I've missed!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Afternoon tea which was cute. Then had a few cocktails + dinner in the city with the bestie, before wandering about the german market. aww. It was nice :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Um, friends being here instead of moving away!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Er, I didn't have one? My taste changed completely halfway through the year. I'm thinking of starting fairly anew with my wardrobe in 2010. Gonna start keeping a scrapbook & continue with the visuals to inspire me and stop me from sliding from one style to another *every day* and then getting confused/mismatched. A good thing about this year is that I started dressing according to my shape, and actually loving it.
34. What kept you sane?
Friends and personal development rubbish. I garnered lots of positive mantras and quotes this year, which might sound yawnsville for some people but it worked for me!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
ohhhhh god, errr. olly murs. That is an embarrassing fact..
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole Obama inauguration mania, definitely.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Does the amazing guy at T count?
39. Side question...who would you like to get to know better?
Mmm.. someone. Maybe.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Change is good. Fear is good. It makes you know you're alive!
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year (any song from any year):
I'm not a girl, not yet a woooooman ;)