I was recently tagged by Lynsey from Lynsey Mac Makeup for the Liebster Award.
This is basically a great way of giving bloggers with less than 200 followers a wee bit of recognition, through getting to know the person behind the blog.
I thought this was a great idea and am chuffed to be tagged! It's nice to gain a bit of understanding about the person writing, and I guess there's only so much ground-work an 'About Me' page can cover! So, without further ado..
The rules are essentially:
♥ Write 11 facts about yourself.
♥ Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
♥ Choose up to 11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) and write 11 questions for them (remembering to let them know you've nominated them)!
11 Facts About Me
1. I used to study photography
2. I have an slight obsession with rugby.. the Six Nations are basically the highlight of my year
3. When I was born, I was the last baby ever awake on the ward.. and was 2 weeks overdue. So lazy!
4. ..in fact, my friends & I used to joke about how Freddie Mercury died a matter of hours before I was born. Legend.
5. I actually cringe so hard with fear if someone is particularly veiny or has a protruding Adam's Apple.. suffice to say I also regularly have to be kept from passing out during blood tests..
6. I have family in Australia. It's so strange to have relations who have a completely different accent..
7. ..speaking of which, I only recently met my uncle for the first time!
8. My best friend lives hundreds of miles away. It sucks a lot, but we get to spend pretty awesome weekends together now & again. She's managed to still be my rock for the past 8 years and the person I know I'll be rocking out with when we're 80-odd. Cheers bbz!
9. I'm a spelling freak. I used to win all those spelling bee things at school (can't believe I just admitted this online. Dear God.)
10. I've been to Leeds Festival twice, Reading Festival the once & TITP thrice. All within the space of 3 years. Turned into a military camper..
11. ..but, let's be honest, all I really prefer is a nice comfy bed nowadays! Hey, lifelong sleeper, me..
|Leeds Festival 2007. Classy campers, us lot..|
11 Questions from Lynsey
1. What one food could you not live without?
Lasagne! Completely obsessed. I think I'm actually Garfield..
2. If you could go back in time what era would you most like to visit?
I'd love to have been around in the '60s just as everything was kicking off and shifting into how it mostly looks today. 1966 would suit me, thank you kindly!
3. Which part of your beauty routine (if you have one!) do you least enjoy (skincare, hair, makeup, nails..)?
I would probably say my hair as I have thick, slightly limp hair which takes a lot of effort to look good.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Mad Men! Come on, don't all women want a little Don Draper eye candy..?
5. If you were stranded on a desert island (and had access to food, water, medial supplies etc) what one thing would you want to have with you?
A journal. Writing's my outlet, in any form. I've always kept diaries. Need to get all those thoughts out on paper!
6. What was your favourite subject at school and why?
English. It was my biggest strength at the time and helped me develop my passion for the language today.
7. What is your favourite scent?
In terms of perfume, Miss Dior since '07! Otherwise, I love the scent of baking in a kitchen. Nom.
8. Who is your style icon?
Elsa Billgren. I featured her wedding photos in an early blog post in 2010. She's basically me in style but magnified by 100, and with access to the best vintage!
9. What is your favourite social media site?
Twitter by a mile!
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
Ryan Gosling. On a platter. Naked.. Oh! Er, sorry..
11. What made you bite the bullet and decide to start blogging?
I think I wrote at the start that it was just to get my thoughts and favourite things out into the world. I started this blog before blogging became the big business it is today (in Jan 2009), so a lot of my earlier posts are just a step-up from Livejournal ramblings..
Michelle at Luxe Life Aspirations
Louise at Love from Lou Lou
Suzie at Miss Beauty Bits
Morag at Mo'Adore
Lianne at Ruby Ruby Slippers
..& Their Questions
1. If you could only dress in the style of one era for the rest of your life, which decade would you choose, and why?
2. What is the biggest risk you've ever taken? Was it worth it?
3. Have you got any phobias? If so, what?
4. Which beauty product could you not live without? (E.g. mascara, lipstick, concealer, etc)
5. Who is your style icon?
6. What do you most hope to achieve in 2013?
7. What are your favourite blog posts to read?
8. If you could host a dinner party with anyone, alive or dead, who would you invite, and why? (Oldie but a goodie!)
9. What's been your most embarrassing style-related disaster?
10. Biggest teenage crush? (Celebrity if possible!)
11. Which song instantly gets you in the party mood?
So, ladies, let me know if you give this tag a shot! I can't wait to read some of your responses.