|Photo by Louise / The Little Things|
I'm sitting here on a quiet Sunday, cup of tea in hand, The Minimalists' podcast playing and half-flicking through a copy of Glamour magazine I'd been meaning to read for a while. I don't normally get the urge to blog these days, but I'm feeling a little blah and the best thing I could think to do is to write a list of things that have been making me happy lately. And why not on my little old blog? So here we go...
- The Minimalists. I may as well start with the aforementioned podcast... I watched their documentary on Netflix recently and it really made me feel fantastic and clear-headed afterwards. Go watch it if you're needing to declutter and simplify your life. Their podcasts are a great follow-up if you need more of a fix.
- Endless cups of tea. Ever since I met Lauren, I swear I have drank about 1862 more cups of tea every week. As much of a coffee fiend I am, there's nothing like the feeling of sipping on a cup of tea to calm you down on a stressful day.
- Pinterest. I was a huge Pinterest fan for years but got out of the habit at the latter part of 2016. However, I'm back on it and I feel fantastic. It feels so good to curate vision boards and put you in the right frame of mind to get shit done. Come follow me if you haven't already, too!
- Cooking new meals. One of my worst habits is eating out and spending most of my pennies on food. Now, me and Gillian have been meal planning again a lot more and I actually feel excited to come up with creative ideas and have fun dinners to look forward to at the end of the working day. Top picks of late: Thai stir fries, chilli and lime chicken with coconut rice and Ikea-style meatballs.
- Graeme. Last year, I met this guy who brightens my life quite a bit. He motivates me to pursue my dreams every day - and brings me flowers cause he's a bit cute. I certainly had to give him a cheeky mention on this list...
- Weekends with the girls. Louise, Lauren and Gillian are the best group of pals I could ask for. It's amazing when people can go from being "fellow bloggers" to just, simply, real life friends. I love them muchly! From Galentine's afternoons in to Eurovision nights, there's always something fun lined up.
- Thailand. Fingers crossed, this year I'm meant to be travelling to Thailand with Graeme. Cue Pinterest scrolling and constantly looking up Trip Advisor. Bonus: Graeme appears to be my personal travel agent with endless advice and ideas. Can't wait to tick off one of my bucket list items!
- Valentine's. This was the first year for a loooong time I've actually been a happy camper on Valentine's Day. Any excuse for heart-print everything and dressing up with my boyfriend to go out for dinner gets my vote.
- Working hard and keeping an eye on the end goal. As I said at the start of this post, I'm struggling at the moment. But, as tough as things are right now, I know that it's all for the best and that this time will be a mere blip in my life overall.
- Say Yes to the Dress. Jesus, I'm not even getting married in the next 1275 years but Lauren's wedding planning has had the unexpected effect of getting all of us pals addicted to this wedding dress show. Guilty pleasure! Mostly for the bitchy aunties and bridezillas.